Flitting About the Islands

I'm suffering from withdrawal pains! No, it's nothing related to anything illegal or unhealthy, but it's a fantasy thing.
Two friends of mine, Ken and Cindy - former residents of my area who now live in Brunswick, GA - are currently on their 43' sailboat, somewhere in the Bahamas with their 2 dogs and 2 cats. All safe, I assume, as they have not posted a log entry on their website since March 7. Which is why I am whining!
Cindy does a great job of keeping a log of how busy they stay at doing nothing, so to speak! No, I am not jealous, but rather envious, as the more I read their about their new lifestyle, the more I realize that life is for living, not being stuck in a cubicle in a corporate environment for too many hours a week. Reading their log has become habit-forming; I usually dedicate 2 windows on my computer - one for reading their log and the other for a map of the current island. It has really become a mental getaway for me. Each evening I grab my laptop and check to see if there is a new entry, navigating to the web site in anticipation of the latest update, feeling exactly like Ralphie in "A Christmas Story". Lately, there have been no new posts, so my disappointment runs deep, as does Ralphie's disappointment when his Red Rider BB gun does not appear under the tree. Yet I remain optimistic - especially since there is no danger of putting my eye out - and check the site faithfully each night!
Hurry, Cindy! I miss reading about those long walks on the beach, and those 4pm happy hours!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Timeless Style...

Ok, so I'll give you an update on my weight loss...

Thank God Election Day Is Almost Here