June Recap

for my on-going weight loss "project":
Lbs. lost so far - 27
Waist size loss - 4"
Miles walked in June - 70
Average length of walk - 5 miles
For various reasons, I only walked 14 days in June. I generally don't walk when I have done other activities such as golf or yardwork, but towards the end of the month, I did walk in addition to those other activities.
I think I've hit a little plateau with the weight loss, so I guess I'll have to increase the number of days I walk in July. My new "minimum" walk is now 5 miles, which takes about an hour and 25 minutes, or approximately a 17-minute mile. It's a comfortable length. My long Sunday walks still max at 8 miles, and those I really start to feel at the 6 mile mark.
Portion control is progressing well. I went to dinner with some of my Corvette friends last Friday, and could only finish half the meal. (I did, however, managed to force down my 1/2 carafe of the house red!) In past times, I would have plowed right through dinner, then had dessert! So I had the other half last night after my walk, and was satisfied with the small portion, with some fruit for dessert.
So, for 3 months, so far, so good. I'm pretty sure the next 25 pounds will be a little harder than the last...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Timeless Style...

Ok, so I'll give you an update on my weight loss...

Thank God Election Day Is Almost Here