600 Miles

I hit a milestone while walking last night.
I have now walked 600 miles since beginning my walking program last April 1. I needed to walk only 4.25 miles, but ended up doing 7.6!
I started thinking about how far that distance really is. It's the equivalent of my house to the Mississippi river at Vicksburg, or to Tampa, or St. Louis.
I am on my fourth pair of walking shoes. Perhaps I should be reed-thin by now, but I do like to eat, and enjoy an occasional - heh! - bottle of red wine. Hey, life's a compromise! If I'm not losing pounds, then I seem to be losing inches. Slowly, but surely.
I have to force myself to walk over 60% of the time, but I always seem to be rewarded by something. Right now, it's the fall colors. They are amazingly rich!
So, I'll keep on trucking, as it were. Go, Forrest, go!

Comments

CC said…
Congratulations! I will say it again you are awesome and so dedicated. I wish I had your abilty to overcome my desire to just sit and get up and walk more. As I said before I am always willing to help you with that bottle of wine so you don't have to consume all the calories yourself...LOL.

Popular posts from this blog

Timeless Style...

Ok, so I'll give you an update on my weight loss...

Thank God Election Day Is Almost Here