Camino Planning

All my ducks are pretty well in a row for my Camino Frances this year.

The airfare's bought and paid for, and I have booked my first 5 nights of the trip. After that, I'll just wing it from night to night. 

All I have left are my land routes from Madrid to St. Jean Pied de Port. I'll take a train from Madrid to Pamplona, spend the night, then bus to SJPdP, the start of my journey. When I am about 60 days out, I'll book them.

Packing-wise, I am set. I have a 34 liter back pack which has a wrap-around waist belt designed to support the weight on my hips, rather than my shoulders. It's very comfortable, and the total packed weight will be about 18 lbs. Contents will include a sleeping bag, silk liner. a couple of changes of clothes, Crocs, my travel CPAP and battery, and a few toiletries and Rx's. Minimal!

Still walking 25 miles a week, plus fitness classes and yoga for better strength and flexibility.

I'm really looking forward to the whole experience. People, food and drink, and scenery.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Timeless Style...

Ok, so I'll give you an update on my weight loss...

Thank God Election Day Is Almost Here