Gosh, I'm Looking Forward to Monday Afternoon

because I'll be on the right side of an interesting little medical procedure called a colonoscopy! Gulp! My throat tightens just to say the word. Scheduled for Monday at 10 am.

Actually, though, since I have never had one, I don't have the first-hand experience to say I'm actually dreading it. It's just one of those things in life that everyone needs to go through, hopefully only once. I guess...

It's the prep portion I'm most apprehensive about, not so much the "cleansing out" part, but the fasting part! Beginning Sunday morning, no solid food. Only clear liquids. Nothing to eat all day, and into Monday! Cardboard slathered in BBQ sauce will sound good! I can man-up only to a point. Foul-tasting liquid? ok. Frequent potty trips? ok. Exploding entrails? ok. But no food? Awe, man, that sucks!

Anyway, I've decided to weigh myself first thing Sunday morning, then again on Monday morning and see what the difference is. That way, when someone tells me I'm full of crap, I'll be able to say no, I'm not full, but will be able to give an approximate poundage!

So I'm looking forward to Monday afternoon. It will all be over, I'll be refreshed from a nice nap, and I'll be able to eat again!

And of course, with a clean bill of health.

Comments

sunfeathers said…
I attended a seminar several, several years ago on growing and utilizing herbs. The lady who was speaking was kind enough to share with us an eye-opening story. A mortician had told her that when the average person dies, there are approx. 50-75 lbs. of embedded material in their intestines. She told this story while she was extolling the use of fennel seeds to make tea. She said this herbal infusion would essentially "clean you out". She held up the jar of fennel seeds she had brought with her from home and pointed out that the jar was almost empty. Someone in the audience quipped, "And so are you!"

Popular posts from this blog

Timeless Style...

Ok, so I'll give you an update on my weight loss...

Thank God Election Day Is Almost Here